l Is the holy Bible true? l
Also among lightworkers and esoterics you’ll find people claiming that the Holy bible was partially a fake. In their sight the bible was intentionally falsified after years, for instance during the council of the churches in the fourth century (for example the council of Nicaea in the year 325). Many of such misstatements spook the Internet and even quote from passages of the bible. This is why I’d like to show that any doubts of the authenticity of the bible are unfounded.
It’s a fact that many people believe rumors about the bible being falsified without ever having done any research on it themselves. It’s easy to pick up an untenable assertion and spread it without having proved it, but this can’t be considered respectable. Hence, I’d like to name some facts about the bible:
- The bible itself bears witness to be the Word of God:
• "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right." (2 Timothy 3:16)
• "Above all, you must understand that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophets themselves or because they wanted to prophesy. It was the Holy Spirit who moved the prophets to speak from God." (2 Peter 1:21)
- One could object that the original bible primarily had been true but was falsified later. Thereto, the following comments are to be made:
Regarding the Old Testament, all scriptures show congruence in relation to each other while disregarding the authors and the places where they were found. Besides, the scrolls of Qumran from the Dead Sea provide a base to draw comparisons, as they origin 1000 years earlier than our scripts. The comparators check shows surprising precision of the transfer of the text. A scholar made the discovery that the two copies of the book of Jesaja, which were found in the caves of Qumran, are literally 95% identical with the today’s hebrew standard bible. 5% of deviations are obviously caused by slipping of the pen and variant spelling. Therefore we can deduce that the text of the Old Testament hasn’t been essentially changed during the past 2000 years and before.
- Regarding the New Testament, the pieces of evidence are overwhelming. We have more than 5000 scripts of the New Testament at our disposal, some dating from the second or third century. So, to claim that the bible was supposedly changed during the council 325 - which means in the fourth century is nothing but an untenable assertion. By comparison: From the most famous book of the ancient Greece - the Ilias, written by Homer only 643 copies exist. Also no one doubts about the text named De bello gallico (“the Galion war”), written by Julius Cesar, though we only have ten copies of it from which the oldest duplicate was made 1000 years after the original. Now then, there is an amazing abundance of copies of the New Testament existing, some of them not older than 70 years than the original.
- Certainly, in so many scripts one will find several extra edges. About 10,000 passages show different readings. That means, with more than 5000 copies that we have, we can only find 2 different readings in each copy. Anyway, most of them concern the notation and position of the words. There are only less than 40 passages in the New Testament from which we can not be certain how they were to read in the original. But none of them affect the basic doctrines of the belief. Take into account that we just have no certainty about these passages. This does not mean that they were falsified. In total, we do have 100% of the New Testament, and we are certain about 99,5% of it.
- To sum it up, certainly no passage in the bible gives guarantee that the pureness of the text would be conserved 100% through history. Nevertheless, the bible is the most ever examined book in the world. There’s loads of evidence that today’s bibles are very close to the original which means to the inspired scriptures written by the prophets and the apostles. The proof lays in the high precision of the copies which are at our disposal.
- Let me wrap it up with a comment: Like the name says, the christian belief is based on believing. It just can’t be the Christianity’s goal to win even over the most persistent doubter. God himself sets great store by the voluntary belief. No one is forced to belief. Yet, even the toughest doubter is not able to prove evidence for his opinion - whereas the existing clues that show the authenticity of the bible are abounding. The ones that have been described in here are just a small extract. By request, I will be glad to name further literature to learn more details about it. It is also highly recommended to pay attention to the real purpose of the bible. The Word of God was given to us with the intention to show us the way to salvation. In fact, the bible is a love letter from God to us humans. We learn about Jesus Christ, the Son of God who is the only way to salvation. The bible does not intent to prove anything, though all of it is absolutely true. The bible intents to show the infinite grace of the almighty God. It is the authentic Word of God, transmitted through men who were inspired by the spirit of God to serve this purpose.